Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do i change the fuel filter on my Dodge stratus coupe (same as mitsubishi eclipse, with dif body)?

I have a 2002 dodge stratus coupe rt. Very similar in almost all respect to the mitsubishi eclipse GT V6. It is even made at the same plant.



A few issues lately have pointed to the fuel filter needing to be changed. I've done some minor work on my car, and I've done this on cars in the past, but figured why not look this up online and I could not find it easily.. will keep looking but perhaps someone out there can help.How do i change the fuel filter on my Dodge stratus coupe (same as mitsubishi eclipse, with dif body)?depends on if the fuel filter is in line or in the fuel pump. if it's the one in the fuel pump then you'll need to drop the fuel tank to get at it...kinda a pain in the butt but doeable if you're handy. the other one is in the line, usually along the rail driver's side rail or up near the engine compartment. i usually get great info from the guys at the auto parts store. they'll usually be able to tell you exactly where the filter is located. good luck