Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do i change my fuel filter? and clean my idle control valve?

when starting my car its fine, but when i go to pull off it starts sputtering, as if its going to stall? many people tell me that it is a idle control valve issue, which im told is a common problem. my car is a 1998 vauxhall vectra 2.0litre injection. i have change the air filter and spark plugs, its been topped up with water and oil. as for the rest of the car well the exhaust appears to be okay so i know its not that....please can anyone shed some light onto my everlasting problem..................?How do i change my fuel filter? and clean my idle control valve?Your IAC valve ( idle air control) is an electronic device that has a valve in it that over time gets a build up of carbon deposits and will make it act up and not perform correclty. Normally when these go bad you have hard starting where you have to hit the gas to open the throttle valve or give more air to engine to start...also you may have idling issues up or down or high idle.



Some people claim they have cleaned it on other models and can help it or improve the performance, but i have never seen that, at my job they always replaced the IAC valve.



you may also want to have a service named %26quot;decarb%26quot; the repair shop will run a chemical cleaner through the system and also clean your intake runners and valves and a few other things that in conjunction with the new IAC Valve you should no longer have that problem.