Monday, October 24, 2011

Help, 7.3 liter fuel filter changed now I have problems.?

I recently changed the fuel filter on my 2001 7.3 liter power-stroke and now the motor is running as if it has a miss, little to know power, is idling rough and the service engine soon light is now on. What could cause this, how do I fix it?Help, 7.3 liter fuel filter changed now I have problems.?Changing the fuel filter more than likely has NOTHING to do with the problem you are experiencing now. And yes, you are correct in your statement that it does NOT have to be bled after fuel filter replacement since these engines use HIGH PRESSURE engine oil to control fuel delivery. This is why regular engine oil changes are EXTREMELY crucial on these particular engines. It sounds as though you have an injector dropping off, and/or a cylinder is not contributing. You'll need to have it scanned for DTCs to determine the problem area first and foremost. A generic %26quot;code reader%26quot; will probably not suffice, as you may end up needing to run a KOER cylinder contribution test as well as a KOEO injector buzz test to determine the cause of your symptom by the sounds of things. Common problem areas on 7.3L engines are burned out UVC wire harnesses and water intrusion into the IDM causing its failure. You'll need to have this diagnosed by an EXPERIENCED tech to solve your issue. Hope this helps.



ADDED: DO NOT use epoxy or silicone to seal the cap. Doing so will result in damage to your HEUI injectors! At about $600 EACH, I highly doubt you would want to be replacing too many of them.Help, 7.3 liter fuel filter changed now I have problems.?check the hoses. You may have knocked one off.Help, 7.3 liter fuel filter changed now I have problems.?Did you purge the fuel injection system of air? Doesn't sound like it!Help, 7.3 liter fuel filter changed now I have problems.?I believe this is a diesel right? If so when you replace your fuel filter you have to fill the filter up with diesel before you install it.



Try that out and it should fix the problem.Help, 7.3 liter fuel filter changed now I have problems.?I believe this is a diesel right? If so when you replace your fuel filter you have to fill the filter up with diesel before you install it.



Try that out and it should fix the problem.Help, 7.3 liter fuel filter changed now I have problems.?Check the rubber o ring around the cap. Also let it run and air will be pushed out of the system. To turn off engine light you have to clear the computer.Help, 7.3 liter fuel filter changed now I have problems.?sounds like you nicked one of the o-ring seals for the cap and it is sucking air. Who every told you to use epoxy around the cap should never in there life touch a car let alone work on one