Monday, October 24, 2011

How do I unplug the fuel relay in my 4runner?

I have a 92 4runner. The fuel relay is in the fuze box. It seems like I can just pull it out. I tried and it was resistant. I feel like just yanking it hard to get it out but dont wanna damage anything. Is there a certain way to unplug them or do I just pull lightly Maybe with some pliars? I want to do this before changing my fuel filter. I hear it helps not bleed as much fuel out.How do I unplug the fuel relay in my 4runner?first of all. why are you changing your fuel filter? this is not a fun filter to change! plan on just replacing the fuel line because it will most likely snap. years of working in a toyota dealership and we never replaced these unless the fuel pump died.

second of all. pulling the fuel relay will not reduce the pressure in the lines or save any fuel from leaking out. the fuel pump will not turn on while the key is out of the ignition, so there will be minimal fuel pressure. expect a busrt of fuel at first and then a slow trickle...

third of all. the relay will not want to come out. chances are its been in the same place since 1992 so its probably sort of stuck, just keep working it and it will eventually come out.How do I unplug the fuel relay in my 4runner?Removing the relay want help release the fuel pressure. The best way to work on the fuel system is to let the engine cool down for about three hours before you begain removing any fuel lines,the fuel filter will either by under the hood or next to the fuel tank,you should be ok if you slide a drain pan under the filter to catch any spilled gas.